Saturday, 12 September 2026

In their pomp?

Torquay: I shall be trundling up the M5 in a coach when we kick off.   After West Ham's thrashing of Wrexham at the London Stadium last night, our win there looks even more creditable.

I think we have played Portsmouth more than any other team.   I know that we lost both games last season and Pompey have lost only two of our last visits to The Valley.   But I still fancy our chances this afternoon, but not by a big margin.    We have\ the lowest expected goals score in the division.  Only three sides have lower shots.

We last lost three games in a row to Pompey in 1983.   Another home draw?

Portsmouth boss John Moushino thinks they have not created enough opportunities and have found it hard to break sides down.   They have looked vulnerable when they have lost the ball, he says.

17th in the table, they hope to build on their 1-0 home win over Cardiff last Saturday.

Sad memories of the abandoned fixture last season.

No comments: