Wednesday 19 December 2007

Addicks linked with £2m bid for Posh star

According to reports elsewhere, Richard Murray has said that we won't have much money to spend in the transfer window - and I can believe that. But there is great excitement in Peterborough (it doesn't take much) at the news that we are about to bid £2m for Posh's star striker.

24-year-old Aaron McLean has been in great form for Peterborough United this season, yet he has told the Peterborough Evening Telegraph to ignore speculation linking him with a £2million transfer to The Valley.

'It's great to be linked with clubs like Charlton Athletic because it suggests that I'm doing the right things, but I've been in the game long enough to know not to take any notice of stuff in the paper,' McLean said.

'I'm very happy at Posh and that is a major reason why I'm doing well. I'm in the best form of my life and the club is in a great position to go up this season. I'm determined to ignore all the speculation anyway.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the money already spent on McLeod shows that a good striker in the lower leagues isn't necessarily going to be prolific in the Championship. I would rather give Dickinson his chance and spend the money elsewhere.