Friday 10 May 2024

A 'very competitive league'

I will be taking a break from blogging for a couple of weeks.   Working for a political publishers in a general election year means that my day job is busier than usual with commissioning, editing, meetings and book launches in London.     I also want to find time to see the three generations of my family now settled in Spain.

One last word.   Fans often dismiss League One as a 'poxy' league, but as the authoritative Swiss Ramble has recently said it is a 'very competitive' league.'  Birmingham City, Wrexham and Stockport County are all going to pose problems.   Even Rotherham may be in yo yo form under charm merchant Steve Evans and Peterborough will want to overcome their disappointment.   Hopefully, Bolton will go up.

I'm certainly not banking on promotion.   And I'm not happy about the 12.30 and Friday night kick offs under the new Sky regime which make life difficult for supporters like me who have a return travel time of five hours.

It also looks as if we are going to lose Charlton Live which was the daft Dane's aqueducts moment.  I enjoyed the chats about the Curbishley era and Steve Brown's barbed comments.

No comments: