Tuesday 31 July 2007

In Pards I trust

If you go to the CAFC picks site Picks you can see the points forecasts made by a number of Charlton fans for the season, including the editor of this blog writes Paul May.

If this lot are typical, our hopes are high for the season. One of the lower forecasts is from defrocked pitch announcer Brian Cole who gives it soixante-neuf.
Steve Brown warned us at the end of last season about excessive expectations and if we don't hit the ground running, the club may be in for a rocky ride from fans.

I'm in the optimistic camp. OK, a lot of our players are still largely unknown quantities and how they will knit together as a team remains to be seen. Whether Marcus Bent can bestir himself to perform at a lower level remains a mystery wrapped in a riddle or whatever.

My optimism stems from my belief in Pards. I think that he is a first class manager who is better than Curbs in many respects. He has the right blend of coolness and enthusiasm. I think that he knows how to make a collection of players into a team. And I think that he will deliver promotion for us.

Unfortunately I can't make the Braga game as it is a mate's wedding, but I am sure the dress rehearsal will show our potential. Come on you Reds!

No comments: