Monday 25 February 2008

Sheffield pub

Sounds like the Rose of Denmark!

I am the Landlord of a small pub about 5-10 minutes walk from Bramall Lane, The Devonshire Arms,Ecclesall Rd.

We are one of the few pubs around the ground that allow away fans. I am writing to see if you have any groups or individuals that may want to use the pub before the match. We generally open at 11.30 but can open earlier if you plan on arriving before. We also have free parking for up to 25 cars.S11 8JB is my postcode should you need it for your sat nav or you can google map it.

We welcome all well behaved fans, we also have a lot of SUFC supporters that use the pub, mostly older and family groups. It is not a strictly 'away' pub! If you know of any people that may find us suitable, give me a call on 07855 233390.

We also serve food, hot sandwiches, chip butties etc. Though it should be noted we currently don't have Sky due to a block of flats being built blocking my dish I can only access freeview sky sports news.

I arrange any advance groups as early as posible as we co-operate fully with South Yorkshire Football Police and Inform them of any groups being at the pub both for your safety and that of my other customers. If anyone plans on bringing a mini bus or coach please call me in advance so I can have plenty of staff on and an organiser will need to give me their name for a Police contact should the minibus/coach get stopped on the way in to Sheffield. Mini buses and cars can use the car park free of charge and then meet back at the pub after, though coaches will be moved on to the ground.

No comments: