Friday 7 June 2019

Ramsgate fan denounces 'barefaced lie' by Roland

The sea may still be cold off Ramsgate, but its heating up on the Isle of Thanet tonight as VOTV editor Rick Everitt denounces Roland's latest self-serving statement published on the club website: Rick Everitt puts him straight

The Rickster has stated on Twitter, 'It is categorically untrue and a barefaced lie that the owner of Ebbsfleet was interested in buying Charlton, that Peter Varney, myself and Derek Chappell ever put him forward to do so.'

He continues, 'Interested party in 2015/16 was not Middle Eastern and Duchatelet does not and never has known who it was, because he refused to sign an NDA to meet them in Brussels. What any this has to do with 2019 I have no idea!'

Everitt notes, 'Duchatelet blames former CAFC directors with a total of £2.65m in interest-free loans only repayable in PL but has refused a £45m offer for the club and asked for £72m plus the ex-directors’ loans in League One six months ago.'

Former Charlton director David White commented, 'I don’t understand it. I have had one conversation recently asking if I would be happy to discuss my loan and I said yes. That is all. I haven’t discussed anything else, been offered anything or agreed anything.'

Roland has commented that he as owner and Charlton fans are stuck with one another. Let's hope it's not for all of next season as otherwise a great opportunity will be lost.

No comments: