Charlton visit the EV Charger Points stadium for an early evening Carabao Cup game against Cheltenham Town. Our record against them is poor, as the CAS Trust preview notes. I well remember the 1-2 defeat they inflicted on us at The Valley: https://www.castrust.org/2026/08/cup-run-starts-here/
One of the suburbs of Cheltenham is Charlton Kings.
Just how many GCHQ employees support them is unclear, just as Charlton at one seemed to attract a lot of junior MI5 operatives who all claimed they were called 'Brian'. Probably the GCHQ types are more interested in egg chasing or golf. One career decision I got right was not turning up for the GCHQ entrance exam.
Watching the Boro v Wrexham match last night, the Hollywood team relied on packing their defence and trying to counter attack. Both teams made unforced errors which suggests they are not invincible. Neither of them seemed that clinical when they had chances.
My wine recommendation for tonight is not cheap, but it is nowhere near the £40 Lord Young of Acton pays for 'plonk', probably about £12-£13. Christian Patat Appassimento is a quality red from Italy and won't disappoint. I have just ordered more bottles from Naked Wines. (I was one of the 'angels' who provided start up capital for this venture).
No comments:
Post a Comment