Saturday, 8 August 2026

Movement in and out

Isaac Olaofe’s loan move to Lincoln City contains an option to buy the Addicks striker who had a fair bit of League One loan interest. Richard Cawley believes Lincoln's offer was the only one accepted.

Lincoln City sporting director Jez George on Tanto Olaofe loan deal: "We have also secured an option to buy, which we can exercise next summer based on certain conditions, so that makes it even more interesting for us.”

Bristol Rovers manager Steve Evans on the loan move for Keenan Gough: "Keenan is a young player I’ve tried to sign before and I’m delighted to have him with us. I’ve been speaking to Nathan Jones and Charlton since the end of the season about Keenan, and he had a number of options, but we’re happy to have him here with us.”

 "He’s a player I see mainly as a number six in the middle of the park, and I think that’s where he’ll end up playing for the most of his career, but he’s also very comfortable playing at the back as well. We’ve signed a real good talent. He’s been involved in the Charlton first team and we’re looking forward to working with him."

The Addicks have signed Nathaniel Chalobah on a one-year contract.  The former Chelsea, Fulham, Watford, West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday midfielder, 33, had been on trial with the Addicks.   Chalobah is the Addicks’ sixth incoming deal in the summer transfer window.

No comments: