Monday, 21 September 2026

Euell starts with an away point

Interim Preston North End first team coach Jason Euell secured a 2-2 draw at the Super Hoops on Saturday.   His side was 2-0 ahead at the break.   Despite some tough talk by him to the team at half time, 10-man QPR improved in the second half and scored a last minute equaliser.

Reflecting on his personal pride in the experience of managing PNE after the 2-2 draw at QPR, the 49-year old said: “I enjoyed it. It's something that I'm familiar with, yes, at different levels and at different stakes, but I've done enough games as an assistant, first and coach, to get to know what it's like and the touchline."

“I enjoyed every minute of it, every moment. Sometimes it's that stepping back, giving yourself a little bit of a breather and thinking space to go again, but it's just wanting to focus on the players and give them as much support as I can.”

He admitted it had been a tough week for people at the club with change coming so soon in a season, but says it has been business as usual for most, and it will be until a new manager comes in.

No comments: