Tuesday 27 November 2007

Are Blades blunted?

Before the start of the season I was contacted by a Sheffield United blog to give my forecasts about who would be promoted and I said that I thought that the Blades would be there, not out of flattery, but because I did think they would be in the mix.

At the moment they are 15th in the table. Fans put a lot of the blame on manager Bryan Robson. But let's face it, they didn't look that good in the Premiership last year and the fact that we only got one point from our encounters against them says something about us at the time. Indeed, the 2-1 defeat at Bramall Lane was one of the worst Charlton performances I have seen in recent years.

I think that focusing so much on their legal campaign against West Ham took their attention away from where it should have been, on the pitch. The reason they went down was because they lost to Wigan in the last match of the season.

The Charlton team for tonight pretty much picks itself. There has been some mild criticism of our second half performance at Preston. But against a huff and puff team playing the long ball one has to be reasonably cautious.

I'm not one for reading results off the table or recent matches. A lot of Addicks are gloomy about tonight's game. However, I think that we may well just manage to scrape a win.

Unfortunately work commitments mean that I cannot go tonight but, enjoy the game!

No comments: