Tuesday, 14 April 2015

1-1 at the Macron

Charlton got their third 1-1 draw in a row at Bolton tonight. The home side were in the ascendancy in the second half, but the Addicks managed to hang on for a share of the spoils.

Wiggins was back for Charlton at the Macron Stadium tonight. Bolton won a corner in the first 30 seconds, but the move ended with a shot over the bar.

The early pressure came from Bolton with most of the football played in Charlton’s half. Then, a great ball in from Solly, Watt put a header into the middle and this allowed Bulot to put Charlton 1-0 ahead to the delight of the 234 Addickted in the ground.

Gudmundsson was in space, but Watt’s pass was a little too late.

Mills cynically obstructed Vetokele. The home fans applauded Eagles as he warmed up.

Diarra had to defend well to deal with a Bolton attack. Danns put a shot in and Johnson threw himself at the ball at the expense of a corner cleared by Buyens. Charlton tried to break quickly.

Bolton had a quick break, but it came to nothing. Bulot put in a great cross as he spotted a run by Watt, but it was slightly too high and the ball went over.

Solly did just enough to ensure that the attacker was put off and Henderson claimed the ball.

Bolton won a corner off Solly. It was a dangerous ball but Bulot hooked it out.

Bolton threatened, but the ball ended up going over the bar.

Diarra gave Bolton a free kick in the minute added on, but the free kick was poor and ended in a throw in for Charlton.

HT: Trotters 0, Addicks 1

Bolton looked livelier in the opening phase of the second half, but Charlton stood up well. Diarra had to concede a corner. Charlton got a free kick in the box.

Wiggins defended well. Diarra stood his ground and the Bolton man went down very easily. Neil Lennon encroached on the pitch.

Wiggins had to put the ball out for a corner after a Bolton free kick.

Bulot shot straight at Bodgan, but Charlton won the ball and got a corner.

Bogdan had to dive to his left to deal with a shot from Gudmundsson.

Bolton made a double substitution with Heskey and Davies coming on to the delight of the home crowd. It was the first game for Davies since November.

Watt made a good run but the shot did not have quite enough power and Bogdan was able to save by diving to his right.

Watt came off and Eagles came on. Vetokele came off for Church.

Bolton won a corner, but Charlton eventually dealt with it. Charlton maintained their shape well.

Bolton carved their way through, Diarra slipped and the home side got their equaliser.

Diarra faced Le Fondre and had to put the ball out for a corner. There was an appeal for hand ball as there was chaos in the box, but the referee said no.

Bolton won another corner. The goal was gaping, but Mills played an air shot.

Feeney had a chance after patient build up play, but it went over the crossbar. Two minutes were added on. Bolton brought on Janko.

No comments: