Friday, 3 April 2015

Ten man Charlton lose to Millwall

Despite Chris Solly being sent off in the first half, Charlton went 1-0 ahead against Millwall in the second half, but the home side then scored two goals to take all three points.

Tony Watt won an early corner against Millwall, but it was unproductive.

Millwall played in a dangerous ball, but Gregory was unable to connect. The home side started well and got the initial upper hand.

Chris Solly was given a yellow card after an exchange of views with Gregory. Why Gregory was not booked was unclear. A Millwall free kick came off Vetokele for a corner which was followed by a second. Millwall raked up the pressure with a third corner. Diarra cleared an O’Brien header well.

Charlton were looking bright down the left-hand side with Tony Watt. The Addicks had a chance after a great ball from Gudmundsson, but Eagles at full stretch put the ball into the side netting.

Millwall were still winning the midfield battle. Jordan Cousins was not at the top of his game. Gomez had to clear the ball off the line. Chris Solly got a straight red for a handball and was sent off. Henderson saved Gregory’s penalty on 28 minutes.

Chris Eagles was sacrificed and Bikey came on.

Charlton won a corner from a free kick after Millwall got their first yellow card. Millwall counter attacked from the corner, but Henderson was alive to the danger and Fox cleared.

Henderson dived to his right to make a great save as a shot came in.

Charlton had another corner. Diarra put the ball wide as two minutes of time added on were signalled.

Millwall won a corner. Johnson got the ball away and then Cousins blocked it.

HT 0-0

Gomez had to put a block in at the expense of a Millwall corner. Upson’s shot was well over the bar.

There was a period of pressure on Charlton and Vetokele had to help out with defensive work. Henderson had to save to his right. Henderson had to punch clear from Gregory.

Diarra put the ball into the back of the net from a cross from Gox to make it 1-0 to Charlton on 67 minutes.

Millwall took a defender off and brought on a long ball merchant. Williams got a yellow card.

Vetokele was ushered off by the referee and Bulot came on.

Upson came off and charm merchant Nicky Bailey came on. Watt came off and Church came on.

Millwall got the equaliser through Gueye after an error by Bikey.

Church jumped a little too early and put the ball just wide.

Millwall won a corner. Then they made it 2-1, Hoolveld scoring from very close range.

Six minutes were added on. Charlton won a corner after Bailey put the ball over the bar. Henderson came forward, but his effort went wide.


Unknown said...

calling all Charlton fans please lodge a complaint to the fa hq over russells handling of this match yesterday evertime I see this inept ref he has a stinker of a game and its always when he refs us ? the bloke is one of the most arrogant assholes I have seen and should be at best struck off

fa address
soho square

on signings for next season I would love us to go for the following

jed Wallace Portsmouth
matt tubs

ideas Charlton fans who we should bring in???

Unknown said...

Looking further into mr russells form hes handed out 16 yellow cards in the last month alone and in one game at leeds he handed out 9 yellows folled by 7 a couple games before the bloke is a joke ref and should be demoted or at best sacked please contact the refs department hq

head office]

1b bagshaw close
ryton on dunmare
cv8 3 ex

tel 0247 642 0360

please please make a official complaint get him at least sacked lets get him out of the game prompto

Wyn Grant said...

Quite by chance I was clearing up and I came across some Xeroxes of Jimmy Seed's notes on games. In relation to an away match at Arsenal in December 1954, he describes the referee as a 'homer exhibitionist'.