Tuesday 3 December 2019

Who is bankrolling Charlton?

The following statement by Richard Cawley in the SLP confused some fans: 'Nimer is majority shareholder in ESI, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Business Development - Private Office of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, although he is not investing any of his money in the venture.'

What Cawley meant was that the Sheikh was not investing. Cawley clarified recently: 'I asked the question if the Al Nahyan family were investing and was told that Nimer is the man bankrolling it. I was also told that he has huge sums of personal wealth.'

In a further clarification, Cawley tweeted: 'I don't know if he is hugely wealthy. It's what I've been told. I didn't put that in the paper, as how do I verify that?'

The SLP also revealed that Richard Murray will continue to sit in the directors' box at Charlton, although no longer a director.

Richard Cawley has also reported, 'Some of the sponsors previously associated with the club – but driven away during Duchatelet’s reign – have made contact since news broke of an impending buyout of the unpopular Belgian indicating they could be ready to come back.'

No comments: