Tuesday 5 November 2013

Hong Kong billionaire completes Peninsula buy out

Hong Kong billionaire Henry Cheng Kar-Shun has completed his acquisition of the Greenwich Peninsula scheme. He bought a 60 per cent stake from Quintain last year through his Knight Dragon group and has now bought the remaining 40 per cent. A Charlton fan argues in his blog that Knight Dragon have taken a more aggressive stance towards development on the peninsula since they arrived on the scene: Knight Dragon

Mr Kar-Shun has no known interest in football and none of the news reports make any reference to a stadium project envisaged for the industrial western side of the peninsula. However, with the site now in the ownership of one person, one wonders if interest in a possible stadium project will revive.

An interesting review of the stadium proposal and its possible implications for Charlton is to be found here: Stadium

No comments: