Saturday, 15 August 2015

Good away point for the Addicks

Charlton maintained their unbeaten start to the season with a 1-1 draw at promotion favourites Derby County.

Watt and Ceballos came in for Ahearne-Grant and Ba at the IPro stadium this afternoon, despite fears that Watt might not be fully fit. Derby were playing 4-3-3.

An early Derby corner was well cleared by Jordan Cousins. Bauer put in a great challenge as Derby advanced.

Gudmundsson put in a shot, but it was well held by the keeper Scott Carson. Derby threatened, but Diarra cleared well at the expense of a corner. Makienok defended well from the corner. Solly was having a good game.

Fox blocked a Derby attack well as Charlton were under pressure on 15 minutes. An effort by Martin went harmlessly wide. Fox had to concede a corner.

Derby won a corner off Chris Solly, taken again by Ince. Diarra headed the ball away. Ceballos threatened from a good ball from Solly, but Carson did well to gather.

Pope commanded his area well as a decent ball came in. Cousins intercepted the ball well at the expense of another corner for Derby. Diarra headed the ball away well.

Makienok provided a good ball to Gudmundsson, but Derby defended well to deny Ceballos.

Fox won Charlton their first corner, but it went straight out of play. It had been a solid first half for Charlton.

HT: Rams 0, Addicks 0

Derby threatened in the first minute and Charlton conceded a corner. A right-footed effort by Tony Watt took a deflection and looped over Scott Carson to put Charlton ahead.

A header from Martin went straight into the arms of Pope.

Derby won a corner. Charlton managed to clear their lines, but Derby kept up the pressure. Fox made a great block. Bauer had to make a great clearance on the line.

A Charlton shot was deflected for a corner. The ball was cleared off the line from Diarra. The game was becoming end to end.

Charlton won another corner through Gudmundsson. Ceballos came off and Bergdich came on.

Bauer defended well from a corner. Kashi put in a good sliding tackle. A shot from Makienok was straight at Carson.

Derby took off Russell with 23 minutes left. A free kick was given against Fox. Cousins headed the ball away at the near post. After another soft free kick, Derby equalised through Martin.

From a corner, Makienok’s header went on to the roof of the net.

Fox made a good defensive header. He then defended well again. Bergdich and Bauer got yellow cards. Pope made a good save from the free kick at the expense of a corner, followed by a second. Makienok headed the ball away and Pope gathered.

Gudmundsson counter attacked and his shot was just wide of the post.

Derby won a corner with Ince causing problems down the right. Charlton counter attacked, but the effort failed. Derby got a free kick 25 yards out, Kashi getting a yellow card. Ince’s free kick went over the bar.

Derby brought on a more attacking right back in Christie. Makienok came off for birthday boy Johnnie Jackson who was making is 200th Charlton appearance. Four minutes were added on. Ba came on in place of Gudmundsson. Watt took the ball into the corner. Nick Pope had to make a great save at the expense of a corner which led to a second, then a third. Solly cleared it well. Valley Floyd Road rang out from the Addickted.

No comments: