Sunday 15 September 2019

No lament from Lapslie

Since playing 89 minutes at Ewood Park, George Lapslie has made only two substitute appearances in the league. However, the 22-year old told the Football League Paper,'We all read from the same script in the team, so I don't feel disappointed or hard done by to have missed out.' New loan signings Sam Field and Conor Gallagher have limited Lapslie's opportunities.

T'he manager pulled me to one side before the next game against Stoke and told me I had done nothing wrong. He said I just needed to keep doing what I was doing and working hard in training to get back to the starting XI.'

'Training hard is a given for me, so I just need to keep working on the technical side of my game. I need to get more comfortable and learn to pick the better ball.'

'Bowyer has been unreal for my development. I can't think of a single time when I've felt bad about myself or my game. He always tells us what he wants from us, and even if it doesn't go right the first couple of times, he'll encourage us to do it again.'

Lapslie said that his old brother Tom who plays for Colchester United had been a big positive influence.

No comments: