Wednesday 30 January 2008

Transfer talk

The Express and Star - the paper for those with Black Country dialects - is linking Darren Ambrose with a possible move to the Baggies. There is also speculation about a possible move to the Tractors. Ambrose's inconsistency can be infuriating at times but I am far from sure that we want to sell him to promotion rivals at this stage of the season. Like many other former players, he could well come back to haunt us.

Having failed to lure Stephen Hunt away from Reading, Sunderland are now said to be targeting Andy Reid. The reported offer of £2.5m is paltry and the offer of a Sunderland cast off in exchange is even less attractive. Although there are some uncertainties about how he will slot back into the side when he returns from injury, I would not want to sell him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reid's a good technical player, and if Gray is worth £2M I would have thought £3.5-4M a more realistic price. I wouldn't want to sell him, but he is injury prone and we have been achieving results in his absence.

Anonymous said...

Getting rid of Ambrose would be unthinkable. I don't care what all his haters say - he's twice the player Lloyd Sam is (a winger who cannot cross).

Anonymous said...

Sell Thomas to Pompey if he wants to go

Anonymous said...

Personally , I would pay another club to take Ambrose away from us.
It will be impossible to get promoted with him in the starting 11.
Its like playing with 10 and a half men !!!

Ken Jennings said...

As much as I have vented my spleen about numerous Ambrose performances, I feel he does have a role in the squad no - not the toilet 'role' :-)
Perhaps played in the 'hole'- but not if we have a struggle on our hands.