Thursday 3 April 2008

Argyle look forward to easy 3 points

Plynouth Argyle are looking forward to an easy three points off out of form Charlton on Saturday: Argyle

Of course, this could just be their undoing as Charlton having a habit of winning matches when they have been written off as no hopers.

I have been in Wales (Abertawe) for the last few days and had to come up a short narrative for Bristol Rovers supporters and the like gloating over our run of bad form. For me the simple explanation was 'we stopped playing football' which in fact we have shown we are capable of doing. I haven't followed events at Charlton in the meantime, but I gather from one E mail Bulletin that Pards has been given the vote of confidence by Richard Murray.

It's a sobering thought that Cardiff City could be in the cup final and are still in play off contention. I had quite a surprise in Abertawe when a good friend turned up out of the Welsh mists having suddenly found an affection for the land of her fathers never displayed before.

Coming out of Swansea this afternoon, I had a good view of Swansea City's spendid new stadium. Presumably they still don't have Cyril the Swan who is the only mascot I can remember being red carded. It will be a good stadium to tick off next year, although I am far from sure how friendly the locals are, and I can't muster more than a few words of Welsh.

No comments: