Tuesday 24 June 2008

End of the pier role for Sankofa

Osei Sankofa has joined Southend United on a two year deal. He told the Southend Echo : 'Being released by Charlton was really disappointing. But if I was to go to any club that is going forward then this would be the one I would choose.'

'Charlton are a reasonably big club and it was difficult to make the breakthrough. They were in the Premiership for a number of years and it was disappointing not to play more. I still believe I can get back to that level one day and it would be nice if that was with Southend.'

Sankofa made 19 first team appearances while at the Valley, but he is hoping for more first team opportunities with the Shrimpers. He can play at both right-back and centre-back and he is keeping his fingers crossed that such versatility can help him work his way into Steve Tilson's starting line-up.

'I can play at right-back, centre-back and was even thrown in at left-back once which I didn't really enjoy,' he said.

Good luck to him, although I think that he may have found his level.

No comments: