Wednesday 25 May 2011

New keeper signs

Young goalkeeper Nick Pope has signed from East Anglian non-league club Bury Town: Pope . He is an Ipswich Town academy product and is apparently tall which is always useful in a keeper.

As part of the arrangement, a Charlton XI will play a game at Ram Meadow.

I am going to a Leamington FC meeting tonight so I will let you know if there are any signings from the Brakes in the offing.

Our keeper might be a possibility. He has a Sam Bartram style of play and likes to move the ball upfield on the wing. Earlier this season I saw him score a spectacular goal from near the touchline just short of the halfway line. I don't think I have seen a keeper score a better goal and it left his opposite number shell shocked.

Thanks to the Crowborough Addick for alerting me to this latest signing. I can't keep up!

No comments: