Monday, 25 July 2011

Benno deal falls through

Unconfirmed reports are suggesting that Paul Benson's move to Notts County has fallen through because of a failure to agree personal terms. Certainly there has been silence for some days.

Pravda is reporting that Charlton would have sought another striker if the deal had gone ahead as we certainly would have needed to do. The concern is that, given that some early reports about Hayes are unenthusiastic, we may once again be over reliant on Bradley Wright-Phillips and the midfield to provide goals.


Matthew / Singapore said...

isn't that sympotmatic of english football today - some people appear to have a written off Hayes on the basis of 5 pre-season games when he may not actually have played a full game yet. Kinda like some of us saying Sir Chris wasn't upto standard during the awful run last year, or xxx manager needs to go cos we're not 10 points clear at the top of the league (pick most managers / most clubs). It's a long season and the window is still open for another month right ... plenty will happen

Steve said...

Considering that he's been our top scorer in pre-season with 2 goals, and our toothless display up-front on Saturday, I'm quite pleased. And I don't really rate Benson at all!

Sciurus Carolinensis Nemesis said...

Having seen Hayes, Benson is as good a prospect as SCP has at his disposal. Which ain't exactly positive news. If there are no other immediate potential signings Jason Euell would make sense if he'll take the kind of offer Charlton could make.