Sunday 18 May 2014

Cousins denies Arsenal rumours

England Under 20 international Jordan Cousins has denied rumours of interest from Arsenal. He told the Football League Paper 'I think the link with Arsenal has been blown out of all proportion because I support them. My agent just wants me to focus on my football.'

Cousins was full of praise for José Riga and hopes he will return next season: 'He just made sure he focused on the team and that we stayed in the league. He was very tactically aware so he would make sure that everyone knew his job on the pitch which as a young player I learnt a lot from.'

Cousins said, 'It's been a very good season. Sometimes it has been hard because we had a lot of games to catch up on towards the end of the season but I have just been making sure I'm doing everything right and recovering well after the games. I've just been getting on with to be honest and I haven't really had time to think about it all because it's been coming thick and fast. I would say Charlton staying up is one of my greatest achievements.'

Cousins has been named in the England Under 21 squad for tomorrow's match against Wales.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i see him quite regually around me so i do some asking

jonathan acworth