Wednesday 5 May 2010

Something for the weekend

I am going to be in Michigan at the weekend so I will not be able to go to Oldham. I think that their bunch of northern cloggers, even though they do not have much to play for, will slow us to a standstill much as they did at The Valley so I am going for a 1-1 draw.

I think that Leeds will beat Bristol Rovers and Millwall will beat Swindon. That would see us ending up 4th. I think we could take care of Swindon in the play offs and I quite fancy Huddersfield to see off Millwall. That would then give us a final against Huddersfield who would be beatable (1-0).

I understand that quite a few Addicks are coming from abroad for the Oldham game, so I hope that my forecast will be wrong and that they will enjoy the game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wyn, surely they can still enjoy the game even if the score is 1-1
Or do you mean (like most natives) a win is more important than the performance.
Personally I really enjoyed the Norwich match even though we lost. It was much better than the Hartlepools/Stockport games, which we won.

Wyn Grant said...

Fair point, but I think that if you had come from Germany or the Czech Republic, you might like to go home with three points in your pocket. I enjoyed the Norwich game more than a number of games we won.

Jack said...

Wyn, was at a question and answer session last night with Steve Waggott and David White. They gave what appeared to be an honest account of the last few years issues and the continuing problems re football finance. They clearly have been working hard on their plans for next season should we go up or not, especially with 14 players soons to be out of contract. After having heard them speak honestly about our financial situation and their plans I'm much more optimisitc about our long term future in either scenario of promotion or a longer spell in division 1. Hats off to them for turning up last night and opening themsleves up to questioning. Thanks for another seasons blog!