Tuesday 1 December 2009

Easy three points?

By reading the form tea leaves, the view in Brighton seems to be that they should secure three points tonight: Seagulls

However, the mood in the Charlton camp is also quite optimistic, given recent performances.

The Seagulls hope to have their regular keeper back tonight after a groin strain problem, but just in case they have hired a so-called 'giant' from Swindon on a week's loan.

Connections between the Seagulls and the Addicks are numerous. I remember after a win at Huddersfield going with the West Sussex branch to watch Brighton at Rotherham.

However, there's an important three points at stake tonight and I remain confident, forecasting a 2-1 win for the Addicks.

Paul May will be there to report on the action.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2-0 I reckon, I've been encouraged by recent performances and expect to see Racon return refreshed on the left. Only worries are whether Eliot and Youga play, Omozesi and Randolph playing would significantly weaken our defence and could end more like 2-2.

Jan Becher said...

The one connection I remember is a 7:0 defeat at Brighton in the 1983/84 season, the season that I started supporting Charlton. We had been flying high in the old Second Division before that match but then disaster struck. Somehow this memory has stuck with me and I am a bit weary about tonight.