Sunday 23 March 2008

Racon a hit at Brighton

Therry Racon seems to have been a hit with Seagulls fans after his part in the 2-1 win against Swindon.

The Argus says: 'Frenchman Therry Racon, signed on loan from Charlton for the rest of the season, impressed on his debut. Sound in his defensive duties, he was also accomplished in possession and his energy levels were excellent considering it was his first senior outing since Boxing Day.'

I know that managers must get annoyed with amateur comments from fans. We don't have the coaching badges, we don't have the experience and we don't see the players on the training ground.

I don't want tinkering with the team. But I would have thought that Racon did enough against Bristol City to be given another chance with us. I guess I just don't get it.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Wyn,

I agree. Racon showed enough promise to have been given another couple of games, especially of late when our midfield has been under-performing.

Kelly Youga didn't turn into a competent Championship full-back because of several months at Scunthorpe. He was obviously capable but wasn't given a chance until we had no options.

Regards


Dave.