Monday 24 January 2011

Sir Chris's latest interview

Chris Powell has given a number of interviews in recent days and to some extent they have covered the same themes, such as the fact that he didn't apply for the job and thought he had just an outside chance. However, it is worth giving a few quotes from yesterday's double page spread in the Football League Paper.

'I know the fans remember me fondly as a player,' said Chris. 'But, of course, if you don't cut it as a manager, they'll let you know about it. I fully realise that all the hard work as a player could be gone if things don't go to plan. In some ways it's a bit of a spur - I want to keep that link with the fans going because I've had some wonderful times here.'

Chris said that he had exchanged mesages with Phil Parkinson, but had not been able to speak to him yet but hoped to do so: 'He's a good man and I hope he's back in football soon.'

He revealed that he had said to all the players, '"You have a chance with me". If they impress me and show the right attitude, then no problem. If a young player can add something to us, he'll be in the team.'

Chris is midway through a course in football management, but whether this is the certificate offered by Warwick Business School and taken by Peter Shirtliff is unclear. (For more details see: Certificate

Powell and Charlton face a tough test next Saturday when they are away to Rochdale, currently first in the form table.

No comments: