Tuesday 18 August 2009

So, farewell then, Martin Christensen

I never saw you play for Charlton, but then nor did anyone else. You were one of Alan Pardew's 'inspired' signings.

Apparently the deal with Serie C outfit Rimini Football is 'financially advantageous' to the Addicks. Certainly getting you off the books would be as you were on more than the minimum wage.

I have never been to Rimini, but I understand it is a bit like an Italian Blackpool, except that the Seasiders are still in Serie B. Good luck anyway as I am sure you just want to build your career.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I never saw you play for Charlton, but then nor did anyone else". On the contrary, there were a few of us at the friendly in Aldershot a couple of seasons back who can claim to have seen him. And I thought he looked very good, considering the side we then put out for the season. Mind you, in that game I also thought Moutaouakil was excellent so that just proves I'm no football manager.......