Thursday, 9 December 2010

Addicks win a trip to the Lane

Doherty, Semedo and Fry all featured in the Charlton line up at Kenilworth Road reports Paul May. Luton attacked at the expense of a corner, although Fry claimed that he had been pushed. From the corner the Hatters put the ball about a yard wide of the upright.

Fortune had to concede a corner to prevent Crow getting to the ball. The ball was cleared from the corner. With the quarter hour mark approaching, Charlton had not really tested the Luton keeper.

The Hatters won their third corner. Francis headed away and a subsequent Luton attack failed. Doherty was booked for a foul on Morgan-Smith on the edge of the D. The effort by Drury went into Row Z.

Crow hit the crossbar and Charlton were able to clear. Racon got booked for dissent after Luton were awarded a free kick.

Luton won a free kick off Fortune in a dangerous position, it was taken quickly and Elliot had to put the ball over for a corner. Elliot was able to collect. Wagstaff was fouled and Keane was booked.

Luton won their fifth corner of the game. The ball was bundled in from seven yards out by Kroca on 38 minutes to put the home side ahead with Elliot having no chance. 'Who are you?' chanted the Luton fans.

Barnes-Homer got away from Doherty, but Francis was able to clear. Francis put in a great cross and Wagstaff was there to guide in the header to equalise.

Crow went down and required treatment in time added on.

Half time: Hatters 1, Addicks 1

Elliot had scuffed a clearance in the first half and had picked up an injury. He was limping as he came out and Ross Worner was warming up in case he was needed.

Gknapa broke into the penalty area, but Doherty cleared. Fry required treatment. A Luton effort by Morgan-Smith just drifted wide.

Elliot had to make an acrobatic save from Pilkington. Drury's corner kick drifted out of play.

The game was quieter, but this reflected the fact that Charlton were controlling the game more. Benson seemed to be struggling: he had had some spray on his ankle at one point. Pawel Abbott came on in his place.

Racon should have done better after Abbott turned provider, he was unmarked and had a free header but sent it straight to the keeper.

Luton won a corner, but Abbott headed away. An effort by Abbott from 25 yards out was spilled by the keeper but he managed to collect. Anyinsah approached, but Pilkington intervened at the expense of a Charlton corner. It was headed away, Fry put in a drive and Anyinsah put the Addicks ahead.

Morgan-Smith was replaced by a super sub who was signed from St.Albans. Anyinsah made an attempt. A Luton free kick was cleared. Charlton counter attacked and won a corner. The Addicks kept up the pressure. Crowe was booked and taken off.

Jackson took a free kick 28 yards out, the ball deflected and the 400 or so Addickted celebrated as Charlton went 3-1 ahead. Sodje came on to replace Anyinsah.

Fry won Charlton a late corner. Jackson played it short. Three minutes were added on. McCormack got on for his cameo as he replaced Racon.

No comments: