Wednesday 1 December 2010

Happy birthday

It's Phil Parkinson's 43rd birthday. He's much criticised by many Charlton fans, but I think he is doing a decent job given the budgetary constraints he has faced. Not all of his decisions have been the right ones, but even Sir Alex and Arsene Wenger make mistakes and they have much more money to play with.

I expect it will be another day at the training ground for Phil. (Since writing this, I have learnt that the training ground closed early because of the weather conditions so that is an unexpected bonus for PP).

Curbs used to like good quality champagne, but probably PP's tastes are more modest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

..and he should be given credit for a 9 match unbeaten run which is difficult at any level, particularly as it includes wins against promotion chasing sides

ChicagoAddick said...

Curbs liked good quality champagne, Iain Dowie was a lager top man, Les Reed Old Pale Ale and Pardew had penchant for dirty martini's.

As for Parky, I would hazard a guess at a decent pint of Guinness.

Wyn Grant said...

As I appreciate a good pint of Guinness (as served by the Rose of Denmark) myself, I will drink to that.