Tuesday 15 July 2008

Addicks linked with Helguson

Both the Mail and the Mirror have linked the Addicks with a £1.5m for Bolton Wanderers striker Heidar Helguson. Sheffield United and Coventry City are reported also to be interested.

To me this looks like an agent trying to boost interest in a player who was injured last year. We have enough strikers - what we need is a combative central midfielder, as the board and Pards realise.

I have just returned from a trip to Inverness and I would rate these reports on the level of the subject I was discussing: bovine diahorrea.

2 comments:

bristol addick said...

That's good to here - in a manner of speaking!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure we need another striker. Especially someone who is 30. This would be transfer money down the drain! Anyway with the protracted Bent transfer it's unlikely to happen.