Tuesday 1 July 2008

Hull lead Bent chase

The Yorkshire Post reports that Hull lead the chase for £3m-rated Charlton striker Marcus Bent. I'm not sure it's much of a chase as Stoke City are the only other club to have evinced any interest.

Whilst I can yet see Bent in the sophisticated nightspots of Humberside (Cleethorpes is but a bridge away), I would be over the moon if we got £3m for him. I would take £1.5m to get him off the books and the salary bill.

He is a well-balanced player: he has a chip on both shoulders.

4 comments:

StoneMuse said...

Let's hope it is true - I'll be happy if we get one million to be honest.

Anonymous said...

I'd take 2 Bob for Bent in the proviso its a permanent deal.

Faye apart he has shown the worst attitude ever seen in a Charlton shirt

bristol addick said...

Yep, a chip on both shoulders but no addick in the middle! Fingers crossed we get some news that he's on the way soon.

As for Faye!!

Unknown said...

Surely no one will take Faye off our hands - I still have my suspicions about whether he is actually a footballer.

I would take getting rid of Bent on a free transfer. So hearing £3m branded about is bizarre, but brilliant.